Note: Each hero/villian represents the good or bad characteristics of human behavior. These characters don't exist in real life.
Hero of the Month (Aug)
1. Ariela: is the protector of all of our world's water. Her arch enemies are Sponge Boy, Greed, and Serpent. Her main objective is to protect all the marine life that is found in all the Earth's water.
Try these activities:
- Sponge Boy's actions has put many marine animals on the endangered species list. One of the animals on this list is the sea otter. How can we help save the sea otter and other marine animals from extinction?
- On this page you will find some ways to save marine wildlife:United States Coast Guard
- Make a list of marine animals that are endangered.
- Link to endangered animals. Kids corner. List of endangered species, coloring book, and lots more.
- Whether you live in a coastal city or hundreds of miles from the ocean, you can still affect its health every day.
Street run-off makes its way to local streams, streams run into rivers, and rivers run empty into the sea. How you use or abuse water
has far-reaching affects. Listed below are several places that we may come across every day. Believe it or not each of these places
can pollute our water systems. It is your job to tell me why these places may be a source of pollution.
- playground, football fields.
- sewage systems-restrooms, cafeteria, and science classes
- parking lots
- sidewalks and outdoor hallways
- construction sites
- Brainstrom ways that you can reduce pollutants from entering the marine environment.
- **Here is an example: Do not pour chemicals down drains or toilets, because they may not be
removed in sewage treatment and can end up contaminating coastal waters.
- If you need help with this assignment you can look at the following link and find all the information
that you need:Center for Marine Conservation
We sure would like to see some of your work. If you can please send it to us. Our school
address is on the main page.