You must make a crest that makes you different than all the rest.
* Create your own unique coat of arms.
* Identify major groups of people that lived in Europe.
* Develop a cover page for your portfolio.
1. design and create their own coat of arms.
2. identify historically significant coats of arms.
3. locate Europe on a map.
4. identify different groups of people from Europe.
1. magizines to cut out pictures from
3. pocket folders, or 8.5 by 11 inch paper.
1. Coat of Arms
Places to Know:
Step 1: In Tejas we use 81/2 by 11 inch pocket folders for our portfolios.
On the cover page of your folder draw a coat of arms.
If you don't use folders, a sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper will do the job.
Here is an example of the folder you will be making.
Step 2: Divide your paper/folder in half vertically and horizontally. You should have four
equal sized squares on your page.
Step 3: In square 1 draw or cut out a picture of the states or countries that you have
Step 4: Square 2: Draw or cut out pictures of your interests and hobbies.
Step 5: Square 3: Draw or bring in a picture of your family.
Step 6: Square 4: Draw or cut out a picture that best represents yourself.
This coat of arms is your symbol of power and unity to both your past and
uncertain future. Be proud of who you are and what you have accomplished.
Go to the Heraldry homepage.