Note: Each hero/villian represents the good or bad characteristics of human behavior. These characters don't exist in real life.
Villain of the Month (Aug)
Sponge Boy's Picture
1. Sponge Boy: destroys our oceans natural resources. Although Sponge Boy has to live
in the ocean, he doesn't care about life that thrives around him. He uses his vaccum powered backpack to suck up much of the ocean's great living treasures. He has a huge appetite and loves to eat
fish, but he also loves money. He sells a lot of his captured merchandise to Greed. Sponge Boy doesn't care about the ocean's environmental well being.
Try these activities:
If you need help with this assignment you can look at the following link and find all the information
that you need:Center for Marine Conservation
- Sea Otters are in danger today. To find out more about them and there struggle to survive complete the following
1. What are Sea Otters and Where do They Live?
2. What makes them unique?
3. Why are they in trouble?
4. What Threatens Sea Otters Today?
5. Draw a map that shows the distribution of the sea otters. Look below for some helpful directions.
- Two seperate groups of sea otters exist today: southern sea otters, live off the coast of central California, and northern sea otters, which are found in
scattered areas along the coast of Washington and British Columbia, and from Prince William Sound in Alaska along the
Aleutian Islands to the Kuril Islands of the former Soviet Union. More than 90% of all sea otters live off the coast of Alaska.